Monday, February 8, 2010

My U.S.A. Made LapTop Desk

The other day I decided I needed a lap top desk for my new laptop computer. A laptop desk for those of you who don't know is a table with a pillow bottom, so you can comfortably put it on your lap and type away, which is how I'm writing my blog now :)

I looked at the laptop desks at Wal-Mart, (made in China) the price was $16.00
Now if I had gone to Walmart in the old days I would have ended up spending at least 50-$100. Instead of opting for the 'stinkin' Wal-Mart brand I found a way excellent little desk for $59.95

This one is way cooler and way worth the money. It's made by Donna MacDonald in California. I found her on etsy.com and her website is lapdeskandmore.com. The laptop pattern has peace signs and flowers, very attractive to an old hippy like myself.

She sends a cute card along with the desk, explaining the desk's features. The product is hand made so has a few imperfections, but so lovely still. She made the desk with a handle so it can be carried more easily from room to room. the desk is made of wood and is easy to care for.

If you need a new lap top desk and want to support a small business, visit her website. I highly recommed this home-grown American-made product.

No comments:

Post a Comment