Sunday, January 31, 2010

Made in the U.S.A soap. my first product

For the past two days I've been doing a little research on where I can buy American made products. But before I can really shop I had to look around the house and see if I already had American made products I could use.

I was at "Ross Dress for Less" the other day and found a box of soap. The price was $6.99 for four large bars of "Olive Oil Press Soap," with Moroccan Rose scent. I picked up the box, NOT because I needed soap, but because the packaging reminded me of my mother's table cloth. Her kitchen is decorated with an "olive tree" motif. Very pretty.

I got the soap home and finally got around to looking at the bottom of the box, and sure enough it was Made in the U.S.A. and distributed from Elegant Home Designs, in NY, NY. Okay, so the "ingredients" olive oil, and perhaps the moroccan rose scent is not exactly USA. The Americans worked on the packaging, wrapping and making of the soap itself will be allowed in my blog. Otherwise, I'm going to be stinking for a very long time.

The soap is great, it lathers up nicely for shaving in the bathtub, if you do that sort of thing, but I've used great homegrown Montana soaps that are of a superior quality. Still for the price the Olive Oil Press Soap I purchased at "Ross Dress for Less" wasn't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment